Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hiking with new friends.





Check this out. The "bread" I bought is "best used by JUN 08." Note it says "used" and not "eaten." I wonder what I was supposed to do with it. Too late now.










Hey dad a girl named Gaucha wanted to know what made these holes. I said I thought it was probably a bird, but that's the best I could do.


Fancy shelter.



New friends Penny Whistle, Penny Whistle, and Tron. The duel was for obvious reasons. Tron reminds me of Paul Stauffer in college.







Sasafrass.


Hey Kevin Z., check out the chicken coop at the "1890's farm."


Chicken coop, pic 2.


Mmm. Lunch on the porch swing.


And this is where I tried to leave my camera card.


And this is who reminded me to go back for it.


It's like I'm walking through a windows desktop background.








This is the shelter by moonlight.






Look at this amazing rock. It looks like it's growing out of the earth. Anyone know this rock's story?












1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ryan,

About the bird ... you could have upgraded your guess to woodpecker? By the size of the holes I would guess a Pileated Woodpecker but usually they make oblong holes. That's my best guess though.

The ropy rock "growth" looks like true volcanic rock but I'm doubtful of that identification.

The other rock (that looks like a conglomeration of smaller rocks) is called, interestingly enough, a conglomerate.

The butterfly is a Red-spotted Purple.

Love the pix. Stay dry and well.

Dad