Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Biking Biking Biking.




Unpacking the pack and building the bike at the Happy Hiker.

Fletch Lives! He said that after resupplying on food his pack is over 70 pounds. Fletch is a force of nature.

Man. You think you have an original idea. But mine is real butter.








The parkway is full of views. The A.T. much less so. You are surrounded by trees almost all the time on the trail.






View _from_ Devil's Courthouse.


This is the river that runs through graveyard fields.



7 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Hey Ryan. It's been great fun following your blog. I love the pictures of the flowers!

daryls said...

Really nice photos, Ryan. Brings back good memories...

Marla said...

Yep, I'm following your blog. A friend of mine, a NPS Ranger, is headed out on the BRP. Probably driving, but I told her to look out for you!

Enjoying the pics:)

Natalie said...

Ryan, thanks for hooking me up to your blog! It's all so beautiful and makes me jealous despite my not being much of a hiker. Your three-petaled flowers with three leaves are called trillium. I miss those, along with the deciduous trees and thunderstorms, too!

Unknown said...

love following your blog Ryan! Sounds like you are having an awesome time!

Ryan said...

wow awesome! love that you're on your bike! happy bike trails!

yodfus said...

Sounds like your having a great adventure! Any idea when you might get to Waynesboro, VA yet? Not sure if I can get anybody to ride with us. But I might still try catching up with you there and ride part way or to Front Royal.
Paul Yoder